A mixed-media project featuring a heart shaped candy box decorated and repurposed into a keepsake Valentine treasure box. What better reason to stock up on chocolates this Valentine’s day – those boxes will come in handy afterwards!
- Heart shaped candy box
- Best Glue Ever
- Embellie Gellie
- Perfect Crafting Pouch
- Cosmo Cricket
- TV Dinner and Pots & Pans patterned paper
- Designer Foil
- Designer Foil
- The Robin’s Nest
- Dew Drops
- Trim-Air Trimmer
- Hobby knife
Option A) Eat chocolates from box. Fill with another treasure before presenting to your Valentine.
Option B) Remove chocolates, decorate box, and return chocolates for gift giving.
1. Measure and cut patterned paper strips to wrap around outside of cover, and inside of sides of bottom of box. Measurements will depend upon size of your original box.
2. Apply adhesive, mount paper strips to sides (inside and out).
3. Trace heart inside, cut patterned paper and mount to bottom of box.
4. Mount Dew Drops around inside bottom edge. (Tip: the Embellie Gellie picks up small embellishments for easy placement where you want them.)
5. Use fingers or sponge to apply a light layer of tacky glue on outside edge of bottom of box, and inside cover. Let dry until clear.
6. Randomly apply ClearSnap Designer Foil to glued areas to lightly transfer foil. (Tip: to eliminate any sticky residue from areas not foiled, pat with Perfect Crafting Pouch – the tackiness disappears from the exposed adhesive.)
7. Trace lid on patterned paper, cut out TWO hearts from patterned paper.
8. On one heart, cut slits, in rows approximately 1/4” apart approximately every 1/2”.
9. Cut strips of coordinating paper and weave through slits. Mount to cover.
10. Add Dew Drops embellishments around outer edge of cover, allowing them to extend off edge of the cover. The Embellie Gellie from ScraPerfect makes picking up and placing small embellishments simpler.
11. Mount 2nd heart to bottom of box.
12. Replace chocolates, add a special note, a few home-made cookies, or some other special treat for your Valentine!
Designed by Cindi McGee