Last week I made Moochi, my rescue Maltese, a dog bed from DIY Projects for Cats and Dogs. This week I’m showing you how I finished it.
- Assembled Scandinavian-style Dog Bed
- Plaid Enterprises
- Paint Brush
- 5/8” Jute Ribbon
- Craft Glue
- I painted the inside and outside surfaces with Sand Dollar paint. I painted two coats because I constructed my bed with particle board and it required multiple coast for full coverage.
- I painted the left outside panel with the Tangerine paint and the right side with the Turquoise paint.
- I then removed and painted the legs with Golden Glow paint.
- To finish the edges of each board, I applied the 5/8” jute ribbon with craft glue and staples.
After everything was completely dry, I placed the pet mattress I purchased from Wayfair.com in the bed and now, Moochi has his very own little throne. He seems to like it??
Designed by Scott Pfeiffer