Seas The Day Beach Rocks
designed by Ana Araujo
I was looking for a party favor for an adult beach party. I love to collect shells, sea glass and rocks on my walks on the beach. My rocks would do just find for this project! When I was in a craft store, I found these ceramic starfish beads, which added the perfect touch for my beach scene on the rocks. Let me show you how, with a few easy steps, you can create your own “Seas The Day” Rock.
- Beach rock(s)
- Acrylic paint
- Olive green
- FolkArt Color Shift
- Green Flash
- Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pen
- Blue Moon Beads
- Starfish cream ceramic beads
- Beacon Adhesives
- Find a rock (or rocks) that will lend itself to a beach and sea.
- Puddle three shades of acrylic paint next to each other.
- Dip the brush into paint, picking up each of the colors, then paint across the rock to create the sea.
- Continue until you have the shoreline, lightly paint the Green Flash (this will give the sea an iridescent look, like the sun is beating down on it).
- Paint a strip of white following the shoreline. Be sure the paint is going on a little thick.
- Here’s the fun part you get to finger paint! Tap and smug your finger along the white paint to create the sea foam on the beach.
- Continue this step across the rock.
- There you have the sea meeting the beach. (Note: Ana did not paint the beach she let the rock’s natural color be the sand.)
- Remove one of the star fish beads from the strand.
- Glue the starfish in the left hand corner of the rock, let dry (if the starfish slips, put a piece tape over it to hold it in place until it dries).
- With paint pen print “SEAS.”
- Continue with the paint pen… “THE DAY”. You may have to trace over the words. Or if you have a steady hand you could paint the words.