My Loved One’s Memory Bracelet
designed by Ana Araujo
I wanted to do a project with the widows in a grief group I attend. I stated to look for ideas on Pinterest for a memory bracelet. Much to my surprise there were many ideas for pets but not people. I did find one image about a memory bracelet however it did not link back to the original. So, I set out to adapt my own version.
Please find attached PDF and print it off. I decided to call mine “My Loved One’s Memory Bracelet” with option for a Husband, Father, Wife or Mother.
Please fill free to share this idea with your family and friends.
- Varity of shapes and colored beads
- Black glass and or wood beads
- Heart charm with wings
- Split ring
- Stretch Magic mm
- Beacon 527 glue
- Black Sharpie
- Gather a variety of beads: glass, miracle, clay, cross
- Black and wood bead to finish bracelet
- Cut a piece of stretch magic 12” (make sure to pre-stretch), fold over tape on one end, on the other end brush black maker (this is really helpful to see the end especially if you are doing this with a group)
- Using the printed PDF to write in you loved one’s colored beads. This guide will help you remember why you picked that bead
- Continue stringing the beads as you answer the questions
- Once you have added all the beads, start adding finishing beads until you get desired length
- Put the split ring through the charm, add to bracelet
- Tight stretch magic off with a few square knots
- Add glue to knot (this will prevent it from coming apart)