Designed by Cindi Bisson McGee
Behind These Eyes™
We re-decorated our master bedroom, and in the process I found this quilt I just loved for the bed. It had the shades of blues and greens we love, wasn’t totally “feminine” thanks to the brown and cream and less frilly patterns of the fabrics, and it matched the new paint color perfectly. I wanted to make some coordinating room accents like curtains and a lamp shade, and discovered a way to make customized ribbon that matches the fabric on the quilt perfectly!
- Craft Attitude™ Printable Inkjet Film (www.craftattitude.com)
- Computer, scanner, inkjet printer
- Spray adhesive
- Solid ribbon in desired width – I used 1 1/2” ivory gross grain ribbon
- Simple scan the fabric you want to use for the pattern for your ribbon. I used this floral striped fabric with shades of blues and greens, and the brown floral in the square beneath it.
- Use your editing tool to create an image that is the same width as the ribbon you wish to make (mine was 1 1/2”, so my images were about 1 1/2” x 7”). Place multiple images on a single document, then follow the manufacturer’s instructions and print onto Craft Attitude® printable inkjet film!
- Cut out the Craft Attitude® “ribbons”. Mount to the 1 1/2” ribbon using spray adhesive. It’s that simple! You now have custom matching ribbon!
- I added ribbon to the bottom of some pre-made valances, and embellished a lampshade with a strip of wide brown twill and squares of the custom ribbon, held in place with decorative brads.
- The option are endless – you can scan multiple fabrics for different ribbons, make accent pillows with matching ribbons, and more. You could even use strips of the matching ribbon as a photo mat for a large framed photo.