Designed by Cindi Bisson
Summer is here and it’s time for backyard barbecues and parties! It’s a perfect time for me to share these Country Style Luau Mason Jars I’m using to hold silverware and straws for our country style backyard luau!
- Ball Mason Jars – Heritage Green pint size (you could use regular – but I love the combination of the green glass with the red & yellow – seemed more tropical to me!)
- BurlapFabric.com Red Burlap
- Westcott® Titanium Bonded® Non-Stick Scissors, Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- DecoArt® Americana® acrylic paint – White Wash
- Small paintbrush
- Yellow ribbons (I used 3 different styles)
- Wood Attitude® printable craft film
- Computer & printer
- Wooden tags, string
- AdTech Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue stick
- Use cutting mat as a guide to measure out 4″ x 11″ strips of red burlap – cut with scissors.
- Use small paintbrush and white acrylic paint to paint hibiscus flowers onto red burlap (I found an image of a hibiscus flower online to use as a guide). Let dry.
- Following manufacturer instructions, type and print Hawaiin words onto sheet of Wood Attitude® printable craft film (I googled Hawaiin words, then printed off words to create a custom message on my tags….. can you figure out what the message says?)
- Trim words and mount to small wooden tags using glue stick, add string to tags.
- Fray edges of painted red burlap by removing threads about 1/4″ in on top and bottom edges. Wrap around mason jars and adhere with small amount of hot glue. Add decorative ribbons to top rim of jars, tie on wooden tags.