Designed by Cindi Bisson
Decorate your home for the “Season of Love” with this Sparkling Valentine Hearts Door Swag.
- The Kunin™ Group Felt (www.kuninfelt.com)
- Twinkle Heart Hot Pink FanciFelt™
- White Glitter FriendlyFelt™
- Red Glitter FriendlyFelt™
- JudiKins Kite Stencil – Splash (www.judikins.com)
- DecoArt® Dazzling Metallics® paint – Shimmering Silver (www.decoart.com)
- Beacon® Adhesives – Fabri-Tac™ (www.beaconadhesives.com)
- The Buckle Boutique Self-Adhesive Rhinestones – Silver (www.thebuckleboutique.com)
- Westcott® Titanium Bonded Scissors (www.westcottbrand.com)
- Offray® ribbon – Hot Pink polyester 1 1/2” (www.offray.com)
The pre-stiffened FanciFelt™ is perfect for this type of project as it prevents your pieces from drooping forward when hanging.
- Trace, print or draw heart template 6 1/2” at widest point. Trace three times onto white glitter FriendlyFelt™, twice onto red glitter FriendlyFelt™, and once onto Twinkle Heart Hot Pink FanciFelt™. Cut out.
- On one white heart, stencil JudiKins Splash stencil with DecoArt® Dazzling Diamonds® silver paint. Let dry.
- Cut arrow center about 1” (7 rows of the diamonds) from Dazzling Diamonds Self-Adhesive sheet. Back with white FriendlyFelt™. Add tails to one end, backing with additional strip of dazzling diamonds. Make two slits in center of red heart and insert arrow. Add heart pointer, backing with additional heart.
- Cut 3 lengths of ribbon at varying lengths (longest piece approximately 16”). Using Fabri-Tac™, mount each piece of ribbon to top center of two white hearts and one red. Mount each heart with ribbon to back of each decorated heart.
- Tie 3 hearts together at top of ribbons. Add ribbon bow to top.