Felt Travel Jewelry Pouch
Designed by Cindi Bisson
Take your jewelry on the go in style with this colorful and fun felt travel jewelry pouch with a magnetic closure.
- Kunin Felt – EcoFi™ PrintzFelt™- 60’s Floral (www.kuningroup.com)
- JudiKins Roxs™ – Turquoise, Diamond Glaze™ (www.judikins.com)
- Plaid® Gallery Glass® Window Color™ – Citrus Yellow & Magenta Rose, Martha Stewart Crafts® Paint – Camellia Pink (www.plaidonline.com)
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac & 527 Adhesive (www.beaconadhesives.com)
- Loew-Cornell Brushes, TransformMason™ Wooden Tags – Flower (www.loew-cornell.com)
- Magnum Magnetics® ProMAG® self-adhesive magnetic tape (www.magnummagnetics.com)
- Lime green twill tape
- Ruler, scissors, decorative edge scissors
- Measure and cut Kunin™ EcoFi™ PrintzFelt™ felt to 8 1/2” x 9”.
- Fold up one 9” edge to 3 1/2” (finished pouch is 9” across top).
- Apply Beacon Fabri-Tac and glue in place.
- Cut top edge with decorative edge scissors.
- Cut piece of sticky backed ProMag magnetic tape to mount on top inside edge. Note – although the tape is self-adhesive, I did add some Beacon 527 to hold it in place permanently as the flap will be lifted and closed numerous times on this pouch.
- Mount second strip of magnetic tape approximately 1” down from front top inside edge.
- Paint wooden flower tag from Loew-Cornell TransformMason with Camilia pink Martha Stewart Crafts acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Apply Citrus Yellow Gallery Glass paint to center of flower. Apply Magenta Rose Gallery Glass paint to petals of flower being careful not to mix with yellow center. Let dry.
- Add Diamond Glaze™ ring around yellow center. Add Roxs™ to wet Diamond Glaze and let dry.
- Cut green twill tape and use Fabri-Tac to mount to left and right edges of pouch. Cut two leaf shapes from green twill and mount to wooden flower over hole.
- Use Beacon® 527 to mount wooden flower to center of top of pouch closure flap.