Yes, I know, everyone creates orange Jack ‘O Lanterns with green stems. They’re very abundant this time of year. I decided to try something a little different when I saw this plaster Jack ‘O Lantern at my local big box craft emporium. Living in Southern California, and being a huge fan of Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) imagery, I decided to create this spooky fire-eyed Jack ‘O Lantern using black spray paint and acrylic painters.
- Plaster Happy Face Pumpkin
- Acrylic Spray Paint
- Acrylic Painters
- Pumpkin Masters Lightning LED Strobe
- Spray Pumpkin with black spray paint (Mine required several coats)
- Using red painter, draw outer perimeter of flames around eyes.
- fill in flames with orange and yellow painters.
- Using white painter, create your design around nose. (I chose a style I found online.)
- Continue your design around mouth.
- Add white dot patterns (or others) as you see fit.
- Continue your design around sides of pumpkin.
Designed by Scott Pfeiffer