Bring a little magic to the life of a special little one with an illuminated captured fairy jar.
- Smooth sided jar
- premo! Sculpey®
- Premium Clay
- Premium Clay
- Clay roller
- Spanish moss
- Green leaf trim ribbon
- Craft knife
- Beacon Adhesives
- TransformMason LED Lighted Lid Insert
- 2 AAA batteries
- Place silkscreen orange side down over jar, tape in place on both ends.
- Carefully apply etchall Créme with squeegee. Let set 15 minutes. Return cream to bottle (etchall is re-usable!). Carefully remove stencil and wash jar, and silkscreen, and let dry thoroughly.
- Repeat on opposite side of jar.
- Fill jar with etchall Dip n’ Etch liquid. Let set 15 minutes. Return to bottle (it’s reusable!) and wash jar thoroughly. Let dry completely.
- Roll white clay to about 1/8” thick. Cut out fairy image from Magic Transfer Paper. Place face down onto rolled clay. Burnish lightly. Let set about 20 minutes (you will be able to tell when the paper starts to “adhere” to the clay). Add a few drops of warm water and let the paper dissolve. Carefully rinse away the paper.
- Use craft knife to cut around the fairy image. Bake according to manufacturer instructions.
- Add a small amount of Beacon 527 Adhesive to bottom of fairy. Mount inside jar, up against one side of the jar. Let adhesive dry completely.
- Add a bit of Spanish moss around the bottom of the jar, carefully placing a few pieces in front of the bottom of the fairy.
- Insert batteries into the Loew-Cornell TransformMason LED Lighted Lid Insert and place over top of jar. Add lid ring.
- Wrap leaf ribbon around the lid ring multiple times and tie in place.
- Push the button on the lid and illuminate your captured fairy within the jar….
Designed by by Cindi McGee
– Behind These Eyes™