I recently acquired a selection of Martha Stewart Home Decor Paints and a Pattern Roller. After fantasizing about decorating the walls of my apartment, I came to my senses and settled on this idea to personalize a terra cotta pot and fill it with desert-appropriate plants. I really like to refined look of the paints’ eggshell finish.
- Terra Cotta Pot and Saucer
- Paint Brush
- Using paint brush, paint entire exterior and 1 or 2 inches of interior of pot and entire saucer with Sand Dollar paint. Let dry. (It takes 2 or more coats to get the even finish.)
- Apply Ash Gray paint to pot using Pattern Roller and Pattern Roller Handle. (It will be subtle.) Let dry.
- Adhere Adhesive Stencil of your choice (I used the cactus) and apply Ink paint using Stencil Brush. Let dry. ( I tapped the paint on to get a mottled effect.)
- Adhere planter stencil of your choice and apply Spanish Olive paint. Let dry.
Designed by Scott Pfeiffer