I wanted to do something special for my grandchildren’s classrooms for Halloween. I wanted to make pom pom monsters. So, I spent a lot of time on Pinterest looking for the perfect pom pom monsters. Mind you, I found several but not what I wanted. Then I went through my button box and found these bats and spiders….I thought “how would they look with the googly monster eyes I had purchased?” That was it! I found my match and just what I wanted for my Pom Pom Monster Pencil Toppers!!!
Grab your glue gun and pom pom makers and lets get crafty,
- Lime Green
- Dollar Tree
- Googly Monster Eyes
- Vampire Teeth
- Halloween Pencils
- Pom Pom Makers
- Extra Small (1 inch)
- Large (2 ½ inch)
- Pom Pom Makers
- Favorite Findings Big Bag Of Buttons
- Bats & Spiders
- Pipe Cleaners
- Hot glue and gun
This is my photo step-out of how to make Pom Poms with the 2 ½ inch Clover Pom Pom Maker. Note that I used two different colors of yarn at the same time while wrapping the yarn.
You can watch the Clover YouTube Video here:
To create the monster’s eyes
- Glue different size googly eyes over the buttons
- The spiders look like crazy eyelashes
- The bats look like bushy eyebrows
- Fold 4” pipe cleaner in half
- Fold over pipe cleaner ends about ¾”
- Hot glue the button-googly eyes on the tip of the pipe cleaners
- Push back the top of the pom pom to find eye placement
- Then hot glue the “V” of the pipecleaner pushing it into the center of the pom pom
- Pull up the yarn
- To give our monster teeth I cute up vampire teeth
Note: to give the monster two front teeth only cut away the other teeth
- Push away some of the yarn and hot glue the pom pom nose below the eyes
- To create the pencil topper fold over an end of the pipecleaner on it’s self
- Then wrap it around the pencil
- Turn over your pom pom to find the bottom center
- Hot glue the top of the coil to the center
- Cover with the yarn
- To finish up your Pom Pom Monster, slip the pencil into the coil.
I love how goofy my monsters look! Give them a little jiggle to get a giggle!
Click Link Below
I think the kids are going to love these!!!
Get Your Craft On,