Designed by Cindi McGee
I have been experimenting recently with different, unexpected ways to texture polymer clay. For this project, I’m using a large bolt from the local home improvement store.
- Sculpey® Souffle
- premo! Sculpey®
- Makin’s® Clay roller
- Large metal bolt
- Diamond clay cutters in 3 graduating sizes
- Krylon® 14k Gold Leafing Pen
- DecoArt® Metallic Lustre™ – Gold Rush
- Sculpey® Bake & Bond
- Goldtone jump ring, head pin,chain, closure
- Jewelry pliers
- Roll all 3 colors of clay to a little more than 1/8” thick.
- Roll bolt across each color of rolled clay to make striped indentations. Turn the bolt and roll again to create a diamond pattern.
- Use largest diamond shape cutter to cut out diamond from brown clay.
- Use largest diamond shape cutter to cut out two diamonds from latte clay.
- Place latte diamond overlapping brown diamond, about 1/4” from the top. Set second latte diamond aside.
- Use medium shaped cutter to cut through center of latte diamond, cutting through brown diamond also.
- Use smallest diamond cutter to cut two diamonds from jungle green clay.
- Place gold headpin on center of back of one, then place second diamond over the top and press gently to join two pieces together.
- Use Krylon 14k gold leafing pen over the sides of all pieces.
Make a small hole in top of brown diamond for a jump ring.
- Bake all pieces according to manufacturer instructions .
- Flip brown & latte diamonds over.
- Use medium diamond clay cutter to cut center from second latte diamond.
- Place second latte diamond over back of first, trim off portion that extends over the brown diamond. Remove.
- Cut off ends of pin that extend beyond clay.
- Place head pin with green diamonds centered over opening in latte diamond. Add a small amout of Bake & Bond. Place the second latte diamond over the first and press gently to adhere to first piece.
- Bake again according to manufacturer instructions.
- Add gold jump ring, chain and closure.
- Use fingertip to apply a light amount of Metallic Lustre to enhance the diamond pattern.