Getting ready for a trip to Disneyland or Disney World? Don’t forget to pack pennies and quarters to make smashed pennies at the parks! Disneyland alone has over 100 different pennies you can smash! At 51 cents it’s the best souvenir in the parks! Make it easy for you and the kids by doing a little prep work before you go. I’ve created this easy-to-make personalized Smashed Penny Container using a Mini M&M container.
- Purchase Mini M&M containers and go to the bank and get a rolls of pennies and quarters (note: each roll of quarters along with pennies will make 20 smashed pennies). Empty container of candy (a sweet treat for you to eat) and remove the label.
- Print 4” x 6” photo of the FREE Smashed Penny Artwork. (Download here) Cut away the white edges.
- With a permanent marker, write kids’ names on the lines provided.
- Tear off a piece of packing tape to attach the label on one edge.
- Tear off a longer piece of packing tape and carefully wrap it around tape container overlapping tape about ½”. Repeat with other containers.
- Line up 2 quarters and 1 penny in stacks.
- Careful drop stacks into container.
Now its time to GO ON A HUNT with your personalized Smashed Penny Container!!!
designed by Ana Araujo