Vintage Soda Bottle Lamp
designed by Cindi McGee
The kitchen at our lake cottage is decorated in a retro style. I made vintage bottle cap cabinet knobs, we’ve got vintage soda bottles & crates, and vintage soda signs on display. I wanted to create a small accent light to add to the kitchen – and the etchall® Lighten Up kit was the perfect solution. I could use one of our vintage bottles as the base, and add some “bottle caps” to the shade, along with some metallic fabric to mimic the chrome on some of our other retro kitchen accessories.
- etchall® Lighten Up Kit (www.etchall.com)
- Fairfield® Oly*Fun™ – Silver Metallic (www.fairfieldworld.com)
- Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive™ (www.beaconadhesives.com)
- Printed vintage soda bottle cap images
- Vintage soda bottle
- Red gross grain ribbon – 1/4”
- Print off vintage soda bottle cap images. Cut out each cap.
- Trace template from Lighten Up Kit onto silver metallic Oly*Fun fabric. Cut out.
- Arrange bottle caps on silver fabric and use 3-in-1 Adhesive to mount.
- Trace top of screw on lid onto silver fabric and cut out, mount to top of lid. Mount red ribbon to outer edge of lid.
- Insert batteries, screw lid to top of shade. Click button on inside and set lamp shade on top of vintage bottle and you have a cute retro accent lamp. This would also make a fun night light.