Bunny Easter Eggs
There are so many different things that you can create from the all-time favorite plastic Easter eggs! Ana has come up with a fun way to decoupage fabric onto the eggs, add bendable ears and a way to weight them so they will stand up.
- Mod Podge
- Medium plastic eggs
- Cotton fabric
- Pink felt
- Pipe cleaner
- Colored googly eyes
- White pom poms
- Hot glue gun
Note: Tear the cotton fabric into 1” strips.
- Cut a pipe cleaner into a 6” piece, from the top inside of egg, push the pipe cleaner through one of the holes.
- Bend the pipe cleaner and push through the other hole.
- Pull the piper straight up from the outside of the egg.
- Pour rice into the bottom half of the egg, close egg with the top egg (this will help the finished egg to stand up.)
- Cut up the fabric strips into shorter pieces. Brush on decoupage on the backside of fabric.
- Place strip of fabric over the seam of the egg (where it snaps together), brush decoupage over the top of the fabric.
- Repeat, you may have to cut the strips of fabric smaller to fit around the egg as you go.
- Cover entire egg, let dry
- Cut a pattern form paper for the ear, trace four ears onto pink felt.
- Put hot glue on the back of the pipe cleaner, center ear.
- Put hot glue around inside edge of the ear and place an other over the top and repeat to the other ear.
- Hot glue eyes, felt nose and ribbon, with marker draw in whiskers.
- Hot glue white pom pom to backside.