Cindi’s Creative Solutions
Gothic Romance Pendant
Designed by Cindi McGee – Behind These Eyes™
’Tis the season for all things SPOOKY! This is one of my favorite times of year for creative projects – the creepier the better…today it’s this Gothic Romance Pendant – a creepy resin skull set into embossed clay in a bronze heart shaped bezel…the ruby red teardrop shaped bead was the perfect “drop of blood” to finish it off! Click on BLUE links to learn more about these products.
- Makin’s USA
- Cutting Mat
- Clay Roller
- Beacon Adhesives
- Mixed-Media Glue
- Ornate Floral Background
- Bronze Susan Lenart Kazmer heart shaped bezel
- Bronze chain
- Bronze jump rings
- Bronze closure
- Eye pin
- Red glass teardrop-shaped bead
- Jewelry pliers
- Mix enough equal parts Amazing Mold Putty to fit over the skull you wish to mold.
- Push skull into putty and let set about 15 minutes.
- Remove skull from mold.
- Mix equal parts of Amazing Mold Resin according to manufacturer instructions, pour into mold. Let set about 15 minutes. Remove cast skull from mold.
Note: Resin will turn white as it cures.
- Apply Black Tie acrylic paint over skull, wipe away excess allowing paint to remain in recessed areas.
- Roll black Makin’s Clay to about 1/4” thickness.
- Place JudiKins Ornate Floral background rubber stamp over rolled clay and press to impress image into clay. Flip over textured clay.
- Place bezel face down onto textured clay, press gently to impress shape of bezel.
- Cut out bezel shape from clay. I used scissors for this, but you could also use a craft knife.
- Apply Beacon Mixed-Media Glue to bottom of bezel. Add textured clay and gently press.
- Apply a very light amount of DecoArt Radiant Red Metallic Lustre over the textured clay to enhance the raised areas and show details.
- Mount skull into clay, adding a bit of Mixed-Media Glue before pressing into fresh clay. If clay raises up around skull when you press it into the clay, just gently push the clay back downward into the bezel or remove any excess as needed.
- Let dry 24 hours.
- Add bronze jump ring to pendant, place red glass teardrop (or in this case, drop of blood!) shaped bead onto eye pin, attach to jump ring. Create loop at opposite end of bead and add second jump ring. Mount to chain. Add closure.