Pink Octopus Pendant
Designed by Cindi McGee – Behind These Eyes™
- Makin’s Clay® – White (www.makins-usa.com)
- CreateAlong.com Under the Sea Octopus Cabochon Mold (www.createalong.com)
- JudiKins™ Diamond Glaze™ (www.judikins.com)
- Clearsnap® Smooch® – Taffy, Pool, Frosted Aqua (www.clearsnap.com)
- Fine paintbrush
- JudiKins™ Tidy Tray™
- Small Glass Beads – white and pale blue
- Jewelry wire, closure, jump ring
- Jewelry pliers, needle
- Place white Makin’s Clay in Octopus mold. Use fingers to remove any excess clay and smooth clay into borders of mold. Smooth back of clay. Remove molded pendant and smooth side edges with fingers while clay is still fresh. Let dry for about an hour.
- Color octopus with Taffy pink Smooch ink. Color area around octopus and sides of oval with Pool and Frosted Aqua Smooch ink. Let ink dry. Paint back with Pool and Frosted Aqua Smooch ink. Let dry.
- Carefully make small hole with a needle at top of pendant for jump ring. Let dry 24 hours.
Apply Diamond Glaze over entire pendant (front and sides.) Let dry. Apply Diamond Glaze to back of pendant. Let dry.
Cut jewelry wire to desired length for pendant. Place glass beads in Tidy Tray, bead entire length of wire with clear and pale blue beads in a random pattern. Add jewelry closure.
Add jump ring to pendant. Attach to center of beaded necklace.