Golden Pineapple Floral Centerpiece
Designed by Ana Araujo
It’s summer party time! I saw golden pineapples all over Pinterest and wanted to create a floral centerpiece using a golden pineapple for a party. The following is how I created the centerpiece using a real pineapple, gold spray paint, flowers and supplies from the Dollar Tree store.
- Dollar Tree
- Foam Floral Ring
- Pink Bowl
- Water Tray
- Other supplies:
- Gold spray paint
- Spray mask
- Spider Mums
- Other summer flowers
- With scissors, carve around one edge of foam ring to help it fit in the bowl.
- Place ring in bowl, put water tray in center (this will help protect the pineapple).
- Holding the top of the pineapple, spray it with gold spray paint, turning the pineapple to cover on all sides (you should use a spray mask).
- Place pineapple in the water tray in the center of the bowl.
- Polk holes in foam with skewer for easier flower placement.
- Polk holes all away around the foam in a repeating pattern.
- Start with 4 spider mums (leave the hoods on until latter), add water.
- Place them across from each other.
- You will need 12 rose, cut stems short.
- Place 3 roses in between each spider mum.
- Now add colorful daisy, 3 in front of pineapple.
- Add 2 daisies in between roses, add more water as needed.
- Now pull the hoods off the spider mums (I always love doing this and watching them spring open) they will fill in the arrangement.