Mosaic Star Patriotic Door Decoration
Designed by Cindi McGee – Behind These Eyes™
Add a bit of festive color to your door to celebrate the 4th of July with this Mosaic Star Patriotic Door Decoration.
- 16” Smoothfoam™ Star
- The Beadery® Value Pack Clearly Mosaics™
- Pearlized White
- DecoArt® Americana® Crystal Gloss Enamels®
- DecoArt® Americana® Multi-Surface Satin™
- Red Hot
- Beacon™ Mixed Media Glue™
- Paint brush
- Red satin cording
- Beginning in the center of the Smoothfoam star, sketch or trace a smaller star shape in desired size. Use Mixed Media Glue to mount pearlized white Clearly Mosaics to cover the star area. Once star is filled in and defined, begin adding additional mosaic pieces and cover the entire surface of the star.
- I wanted a glossy effect to the painted mosaic pieces, so Gloss Enamels were the perfect choice. Paint a row of mosaics with Red Crystal Gloss Enamels around entire star. Let dry.
- Paint remaining mosaics around center star with Blue Crystal Gloss Enamels. Let dry.
- Paint the sides of the star with Red Hot Americana Multi-Surface Satin paint. Let dry.
- Use Mixed Media Glue to mount red satin cording around top edge of star. Add loop on top point to hang star.