Cindi’s Simple Solutions
Summer Sherbet Tube Bead Bracelet
Designed by Cindi McGee – Behind These Eyes™
The refreshing colors of summer sherbet are popping up everywhere in fashion this season. This simple bracelet made of extruded Makin’s Clay® will pair perfectly with a summer tee-shirt in those sherbet shades. Why not make one in all the colors of the season to add some flare to your casual outfits?
- Makin’s (www.makins-usa.com)
- White Clay – 60g
- Professional® Ultimate Clay Extruder™ – Disc #4
- Claycore® Extruder Adaptors – 2mm
- JudiKins™ (www.judikins.com)
- Diamond Glaze™
- Oil Pastels
- Beading wire, crimp, closure
- Jewelry pliers, scissors
- Place White Makin’s Clay into Ultimate Clay Extruder. Place ClayCore adaptor over clay at end of barrel. Add cap with round disc #4.
- Extrude 3 clay tubes, refilling extruder with additional clay as needed. Store any unused clay in zipper bag with damp paper towel or moist towelette.
- Let dry 24 hours.
- Use scissors to cut 3 tubes large enough to go around wrist for bracelet.
- Apply pink, coral and yellow oil pastels directly to extruded clay tubes. Simply color onto tube and blend shades with fingers.
- Apply JudiKins Diamond Glaze and let dry.
- Insert jewelry wire through each tube. Create a loop at each end and add crimp. (I intermingled my beads a bit before adding the second crimp). Trim ends of wire. Attach closure.