Nesting Bluebirds Bracelet
Designed by Cindi McGee
Spring is finally in the air and the birds are happily building their nests. This bracelet is easy to make with Makin’s Clay® and two brands of silicone push molds – change the color of the feather to represent the colors of your favorite bird. I used blue as I love bluebirds!
- Makin’s Clay®
- Light Adobe
- Mod Podge® Tools Mod Mold – Nature
- Blowing in the Wind Feather Silicone Mold
- Hemptique Natural Hemp Cord from Feather Your Nest Add On Collection
- Copper closure
1. To make birds nests – mix small tiny amount of Green Makin’s Clay®, with small amount of Blue and larger amount of White to make a “birds egg blue” – amount of each color will depend on how many embellishments you choose to make and how deep a blue you wanted the finished mix to be. Mix small amount of Light Adobe and Brown Makin’s Clay® to create swirled color (do not mix completely). Store unused clay in a zip lock bag with a paper towel or baby wipe for later use.
2. Press blue into the egg portion the Plaid® Nature Mod Mold, and make a ball of the mixed browns and gently press in behind the eggs to make the nest. Remove from mold and use pin to make holes in opposite sides of the nest for hemp. Make 4 of these. Let dry 24 hours.
3. For feathers, use Blue clay to make 4 small feathers using the CreateAlong.com Blowing in the Wind Feather mold. Make a hole in the opposite ends of each feather. Let dry 24 hours.
4. String feathers and nests in alternating pattern onto Hemptique® hemp.
5. Tie double length of hemp between each bead and trim to about 1/2” for accents.
6. Add copper closure.