MMM…PIE! etchall Etched Glass Pie Plate
Designed by Cindi McGee – Behind These Eyes™
Apple, Pumpkin, Cherry, Banana Cream, Chocolate Cream, Sweet Potato, Coconut Cream, Blueberry… Pie, so many choices – all delicious! This fun etched glass pie plate would make a fun gift for a new bride, or even as a house warming gift for someone. Include a few of your favorite pie recipes or a recipe for a special pie crust.
Creating customized glassware like this is easy with etchall Creme & DecoArt Gloss Enamels!
- Glass pie plate
- etchall® (www.etchall.com)
- Designer Tip Kit
- DecoArt® (www.decoart.com)
- Measuring tape
- Permanent marker
- Fine paintbrush
- On back of plate, find center and draw crossing lines to divide plate into quarters.
- On inside of plate, arrange stencils to spell out types of pie in each quarter. Place decorative stencil in center of plate.
- Place etchall® Creme into Designer Tip Kit, apply creme to each stencil. Let set 15 minutes. Wash to clean. (*Note – etchall® Creme is re-usable, it can be returned to the bottle and used repeatedly; however, since I used such a small amount of creme on these stencils, I simply washed to remove it).
- Use capital M stencil to etch MMM… on inside sides of plate were each line ends.
- Paint fruit with fine paint brush and Gloss Enamels® paints on outside sides of plate above each type of pie. Add decorative dots of paint around center etched image on back of plate. Cure paint by following manufacturer instructions.